Oregon School Social Work Association
November 28, 2018
|1. Welcome and Introductions
| 2. New Direction
- Simplifying to 4 meetings a year.
- Having one annual conference
- The benefit of OSSWA is: Professional development
Access to job
SSW in Oregon
- Set dates for meetings and location.
- FInd out who would hold regional meetings and how we can meet 2 times a year virtually.
- Post benefits of OSSWA on website.
- Who would update job postings on facebook page or website?
| 3. Membership
- Membership happens yearly at the conference
- Clarify cost of membership
- Debit paying system to pay quickly at conference
- Update website to reflect this information.
| 4. Annual
- Start small this year
- Nice to have at PSU
- Workshops and round table discussions
- Reserve space at PSU (PSU said Friday March 9th may be available- waiting to here back to confirm- Julie)
- T-shirt or other items- Kate Allen working on.
- Survey to identify session topic areas- Kate Allen
- Invite NASW to conference once we have a date.
| 5. Advocacy
- Ellen Baltus and Mary Krogh in discussion at the state level.
- Need to have advocacy plan at the state level, district level and building level.
- Use MSW and BSW interns to help with advocacy
- Get update from Ellen Baltus and communicate with OSSWA
- FInd out how much it cost to have a lobbyist
- Potential training topics for Spring Conference: Kenan on family engagement, Mary on training for Ethics CEU’s,
- At the conference we could also have legislative updates from Dan and Ellen
- Conference could be advertised to students
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink