The Oregon School Social Work Association was established in 2011.
The Oregon School Social Work Association strives to do the following:
• Build a connection with other school social workers
• Develop a voice in the community and school districts for school social workers
• Build an advocacy group to educate and encourage the use of school social workers in Oregon
• Support and develop the license that legitimized school social work in Oregon.
• Meet regularly to network
• Plan workshops and conferences
• Support one another in the role of school social worker
• Reduce sense of isolation and build community
• Foster social justice awareness in schools