The Oregon School Social Work Association was established in 2011.
Why was OSSWA created?
• To build a connection with other school social workers
• Develop a voice in the community and school districts for school social workers
• Build an advocacy group to educate and encourage the use of School Social Works on Oregon
• To support and develop the license which legitimized School Social Work in Oregon.
What does OSSWA do?
• Meet regularly to network
• Plan Workshop and Conferences
• Support one another in the role of School Social Worker
• Reduce sense of isolation and build community
• Social Justice Awareness in Schools